[ovirt-users] How to stick VM to hosts?

Artyom Lukianov alukiano at redhat.com
Sun Nov 30 10:58:48 UTC 2014

I am sure you know about vm pinning, but it promise that you can run vm only on one specific vm, in your case you want to run vm on some range of hosts, exclude some specific hosts. At the moment ovirt don't have such thing of policy, but you can write your own filter for scheduler-proxy, that will filter all hosts except ones that you need:
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/oVirt_External_Scheduling_Proxy
http://www.ovirt.org/External_Scheduler_Samples

You need to install package ovirt-scheduler-proxy and also enable it via engine-config -s ExternalSchedulerEnabled=True.
Also additional info you can find under cd /usr/share/doc/ovirt-scheduler-proxy*

I hope it will help you.
Thanks