[ovirt-users] ovirt-3.5 ovirt-guest-agent linux builds are now available

Nick Kesick cybertimber2005 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 22:32:35 UTC 2014

Users at ovirt.org>
> > Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 21:19:40 +0200
> > Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] [ovirt-devel] ovirt-3.5 ovirt-guest-agent
linux builds are now available
> > On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Bob Doolittle <bob at doolittle.us.com>
wrote:

> >> I can't seem to find any spec for the "usual guest OBS repositories"
for guest-agent on Ubuntu. It's not specified on this page:

> >> http://www.ovirt.org/How_to_install_the_guest_agent_in_Ubuntu
> >>
> >> Note that this page and the pages it references probably need
updating, since it's supposed to provide links to all relevant info for all
platforms:

http://www.ovirt.org/Understanding_Guest_Agents_and_Other_Tools#Linux_Guests

> >> Pointer for Ubuntu please?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>     Bob
> >>

> > I think correct link is what I referred in my first answer and that I
used:
> > http://www.ovirt.org/Feature/GuestAgentUbuntu
> >
> > In that page we have the timestamp and tested version of
> > Name: oVirt Guest Agent on Ubuntu
> > Modules: ovirt-guest-agent
> > Target version: 3.4.1
> > Last updated: 2014-08-05 by Vfeenstr
> >
> > That is valid also for 3.5rc3 and ubuntu 14.04
> >
> > I edited the page

http://www.ovirt.org/Understanding_Guest_Agents_and_Other_Tools#Linux_Guests

> > pointing to my referred page.
> > Let me know if ok for all....
> >
> > Gianluca
> >
> I'm biased here as the author of the 'Understanding' page and the how to
install page, but I feel the how to install page should be updated. It is
more friendly for less savvy users and focuses on install information. No
confusing Dev talk.

> But, I would also be fine updating the feature pages with more friendly
install instructions if that would be better.