[ovirt-users] Harmful to rename a cluster?

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Tue Oct 7 13:17:54 UTC 2014

On 07.10.2014 13:44, Maor Lipchuk wrote:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I'm not aware of any reason, related to name already in use, why you can't do this.
Though there is at least one, but only when using hosted engine.

If you rename the HA cluster to sth. diffrent then 'Default', the
hosted-engine --deploy will fail on additional HA hosts. One workaround
is to rename it to 'Default' for adding HA and rename it back afterward.

(this reminds me on posting a RFE)
--

> Regards,
> Maor

Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767