[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.2 - iSCSI offload (broadcom - bnx2i)

Federico Simoncelli fsimonce at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 08:24:01 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Ricardo Esteves" <ricardo.m.esteves at gmail.com>
> To: "Federico Simoncelli" <fsimonce at redhat.com>
> Cc: users at ovirt.org
> Sent: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:32:51 AM
> Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] oVirt 3.2 - iSCSI offload (broadcom - bnx2i)
>
> Hi, here it goes:
>
> ethtool -i eth3
>
> driver: bnx2
> version: 2.2.4g
> firmware-version: bc 5.2.3
> bus-info: 0000:06:00.1
> supports-statistics: yes
> supports-test: yes
> supports-eeprom-access: yes
> supports-register-dump: yes
> supports-priv-flags: no

Thanks, can you also add the output of:

 # lspci -nn

I'd have expected the driver to be bnx2i (bnx2 is a regular ethernet driver,
no offloading).

Can you also check if you have the bnx2i driver loaded?

 # lsmod | grep bnx2

and eventually if there's any bnx2 related message in /var/log/messages

Check also the adapter bios (at boot time) if by any chance you have to enable
the offloading there first (check the specific manual too).

--
Federico