[ovirt-users] Custom Cloud-Init script only partially executing

Chris Routh routh at amateurwriting.net
Wed Oct 8 13:35:18 UTC 2014

I'm trying to get the custom cloud-init script section in my site to
run. My goal is to have the VM run 'yum update', add the PuppetLabs
repository, and then install the latest puppet agent, and join it to
Puppet.

Following the docs for oVirt and Cloud-Init I have this:

BEGIN SCRIPT
=======================
yum_repos:
     # The name of the repository
     puppetlabs-release:
         baseurl:
http://yum.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs-release-el-6.noarch.rpm
         enabled: true
         failovermethod: priority
         gpgcheck: true
         gpgkey: file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-puppetlabs
         name: Puppet Labs repository for Enterprise Linux 6

# Upgrade the instance on first boot
package_upgrade: true

# Install additional packages on first boot
packages:
     - puppet

# Automatically setup and run puppetd
puppet:
    conf:
        agent:
            server: "puppet.example.com"
            certname: "%f"
        ca_cert: |
           -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
           < My Cert >
           -----END CERTIFICATE-----

=======================
END SCRIPT

However what I end up with from this is:

- No Yum update
- No added repository
- Puppet gets installed from the default repos
- No attempt to join

According to the cloud-init docs my code is correct, however oVirt is
not respecting anything, with the sole exception being the 'packages:'
argument. Can someone please explain?

Also, I have combed the script and ensured that the indentation was 4
spaces, and not tabs. I noted that previous users in this mailing list
have had that issue before.