[ovirt-users] Running a Gluster volume off of a seperate network interface and managing it via the oVirt engine Web-GUI

Keppler, Thomas (PEBA) thomas.keppler at kit.edu
Thu Oct 9 14:06:51 UTC 2014

Hello!

I have a rather quick question on behalf of GlusterFS. My Nodes are set up so that they have two NICs, four ports. The NIC that is additionally installed to the internal motherboard's NIC is a 10Gbps one that I want to use for Gluster-Communication in the GlusterCluster.

Now, I could just create a plain old Gluster Volume and run everything off of the terminal and be good with it but that's really not what I want to do! I want to manage as much as possible through the oVirt engine and I saw it's possible to manage Gluster Volumes, too.
If I try to create one there though, I can only see the IP addresses I used to communicate with oVirt (on the internal 1Gbps NIC).

I have tried creating another network and bound all my nodes to it - still no success.

Any ideas how I can do this?

--
Best regards
Thomas Keppler