[ovirt-users] Fwd: Re: Cluster settings: "KSM Control" not working?

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Thu Oct 9 19:59:07 UTC 2014

Hi Markus,

On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 07:43:45PM +0000, Markus Stockhausen wrote:
> Have a look at redhat bugzilla #1114226. It should give an
> idea what is happening behind the scenes.

well, even with reduced CPU load the impact of KSM is still big in my case.
Though, I'm interested to see the result of this BZ. Thanks.

> Regarding disabling the feature: I would give a reboot of the
> hypervisor a try.

I've already done this at least twice, including shutdown of the Engine.
Once the Node was rebootet and a few VMs are started, KSM starts consuming
CPU again. (It doesn't take much to stress this machine, since it's a
low-end Intel J1900 CPU, but only 10W TDP.)

Regards
- Frank