[ovirt-users] Using a free-standing Spice viewer

Frantisek Kobzik fkobzik at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 14:52:19 UTC 2014

Hi John,

do you mean 'Spice client' addon in chrome store?

>From what I learnt about the client, it seems it's basically HTML5 client for SPICE. For this you must set up your websocket proxy.

I believe the easier way is to use already built-in SPICE-HTML5 client. It should run on Firefox and Chrome. Please take a look at this page [1] and feel free to contact me about it.

There is also possibility of setting up websocket proxy and connecting to spice port directly, but IMHO that wouldn't be exactly user-friendly.

Cheers,
Franta.

[1]: http://www.ovirt.org/Features/noVNC_console#Setup_Websocket_Proxy_on_the_Engine_During_Install