[ovirt-users] Using a free-standing Spice viewer

Dan Yasny dyasny at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:02:48 UTC 2014

The steps are:
1. Find the VM's UUID in the API
https://rhevm/ovirt-engine/api/vms?search=VMNAME
2. Find the VM's current host and spice ports:
https://rhevm/ovirt-engine/api/vms/UUID/
Look for the <display> section - it will hold the host IP or FQDN, and the
spice ports
3. Issue a spice ticket via https://rhevm/ovirt-engine/api/vms/UUID/ticket
4. Connect with a spice client (remote-viewer or spicec) with the target
being HOST:PORT and the ticket you issued as password

All this can be scripted via the API or the engine CLI

Hope this helps

Dan