[ovirt-users] Enabling GlusterFS in production

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 07:22:37 UTC 2014

On 10/14/2014 06:39 PM, Eduardo Ramos wrote:
> Hi friends!
>
> I have just upgraded from 3.2 to 3.4 and it was very nice. Everything
> ok! Now I want to enable Gluster Service to my cluster in production.
>
> I think follow this steps:
>
> * Install manually vdsm-gluster
> * Restart supervdsm and vdsmd
> * Enable Gluster Service in my Cluster.
>
> Could it cause any problem or downtime?

No, there should not be any issues due to this.

When you manually install vdsm-gluster, the glusterfs packages will be
installed.
There's an additional step you will need to perform manually - peer
probe the hosts to add these hosts to the gluster pool using "gluster
peer probe <hostname>"

To avoid the manual steps, is to re-install host after enabling gluster
service - but this could cause a downtime.