[ovirt-users] ovirt network VLAN tagging

qiaomin032 at sina.com qiaomin032 at sina.com
Fri Oct 10 06:15:41 UTC 2014

 1.
Create a new logical network from the networks main tab: define its

data-center and set its vlan-id to 50 (the
VM network checkbox should be checked)

2. Click on the created network in the
networks main tab ---> Select the

 'Clusters' sub-tab and ---> click on
'Assign/Unassign Network' and

 attach the network to the cluster (which
contains the hosts that are

 expected to run the VMs).

 3.
Click on 'hosts' sub-tab of the network main tab for the same

 network. You should be able to see the cluster's
hosts. Select a host

 and
click on 'Setup Networks'.

4. In the 'setup networks' dialog you would
see the host's interfaces on

 the
left side and the logical networks definition on the right.

Drag the network on top of an interface, or
first drag a nic on top of

 another to create a bond and then drag the
network to that bond.

command will be sent from the engine to the vdsm on the host to

 configure the desired network configuration.

 5.
In order to persist the network configuration on the host you can

 check the 'save network configuration' from 4.

I followed the steps above to create two
networks, vlan tagging nameed 50 and 60. My Engine has two hosts, that is, two
nodes. And I created some vms. The vms which using different networks can not
communicate with each other, this is right. But there is a question: the vms
using the same network and in different hosts can not communicate with each
other, but the vms using the same network and in the same host can communicate
with each other. Could you please explain the reason for me and help me solve
this problem?