[ovirt-users] qemu-rhev in centos 7

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Wed Oct 15 16:10:45 UTC 2014

On fedora, qemu-kvm is enough for live snapshot, so it is already
compiled into. I've been said that this function was added right from
qemu-kvm 1.x.
check out the recent comment on the user list :
"

Hey all,

I dont know if it is "supported" but I am using a CentOS 7 hypervisor with oVirt 3.4.4. This gave me the ability to use live snapshots. The only trouble I have had is remembering not to live migrate from the 7 hypervisor to the 6.5.

"

So I guess this user don't need qemu-kvm-rhev for live snapshot on el7...

Nathan, what do you say?