[ovirt-users] [ANN] oVirt 3.5 GA Releases

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Oct 20 08:50:39 UTC 2014

Il 20/10/2014 10:13, Tiemen Ruiten ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> Last week I upgraded to 3.5 and on the engine side everything went absolutely fine. Now I'm wondering what to do about my hosts (full CentOS 6
> installs). Is the upgrade something the engine takes care of when I set the compatibility version to 3.5? Or should I install the ovirt-release35 rpm
> and run yum update on all hosts?
>
> Should I expect impact on running VM's, eg. from restarting vdsm?

Looks like we have a documentation gap here.
I tried to search the oVirt site for pointing you to a section describing how to upgrade hosts but did not found one.

I think that we need to finish
http://www.ovirt.org/DraftInstallationGuide
and probably prepare an upgrade guide too.

You'll need to install the ovirt-release35 rpm on your hosts since the engine is not able to add the new repository (yet? maybe an RFE on this should
be filled for easing the upgrade process of the hosts).