[ovirt-users] ovirt 3.5: Cannot add disks: ACTION_TYPE_DISK_PROFILE_EMPTY

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Mon Oct 20 10:15:03 UTC 2014

Hello community,

after upgrading to 3.5 and also setting cluster / datacenter
compatibility to 3.5 I seem to be unable to add any disks. This neither
works from template nor from the 'add disk' dialog. I get:
2014-10-20 11:26:54,839 WARN
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.AddVmFromTemplateCommand]
(ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-8) [251e3b33] CanDoAction of action
AddVmFromTemplate failed.
Reasons:VAR__ACTION__ADD,VAR__TYPE__VM,ACTION_TYPE_DISK_PROFILE_EMPTY

>From Add disk, I am unable to click 'OK'

The Disk Profile field being emty, I tried adding a disk profile
'Unlimited'. But this not shown in the drop down list.

Also, though maybe unrelated, I get the following 'INFO' message for all
storage domains except my export domain:
Failed to create OVF store disk for Storage Domain fc-data01. OVF data
won't be updated meanwhile for that domain.

Please find the current engine.log attached.

Thanks,

--
Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767