[ovirt-users] VM => "No bootable device" on Centos 7 VDSM, 6.5 boots perfectly

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Mon Oct 20 12:43:42 UTC 2014

On 20.10.2014 13:48, Matt . wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have installed a new host with Centos 7 on a 3.4.1 engine.
Hi Mat,

can you clarify? Is the engine running on EL7 or the hypervisor host?
In any case, I had troubles running either 3.4 (host / engine) on EL7
and reverted back to EL6.

Also, note that EL7 as host is supported officially since oVirt 3.5

> I have attached the right networks for the VM and strorage is attached
> an mounted well.
>
> When I start the VM, connecting to the graphical console takes very
> long and when I finally get it my PXEboot is done and wants to boo
> local but it doesn't see any disk it seems.
>
> When I boot the same machine on an existing 6.5 host it boots with away.
>
> Any idea here?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matt

Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767