[ovirt-users] ovirt presentation template -- google docs format?

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon Oct 20 12:27:10 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 10/14/2014 07:51 PM, Lior Vernia wrote:
> Speaking of which, may I hijack this thread in order to ask why we don't
> have a slideshow template that looks like a slideshow template? With
> non-white background, colors in general, some graphics/patterns,
> thought-out bullet design, etc.?
>
> This template just doesn't look like it means "business". Not business
> as in the money-making way, business as in talking about a serious
> project with a serious brand. But maybe that's just me...

Speaking only for myself, I avoid templates wherever possible - beyond
using a nice(r) font for text and some styling for slide headers, and
having the logo on the slide master pages (which I don't like mostly), I
don't get any value out of them. I try to avoid bullet points altogether
when writing slides, and if I must, I use them sparingly.

I'm not a Powerpoint/Impress/Prezi/Keynote guru/wizard by any stretch of
the imagination, I try to concentrate on the story/narrative for the
audience, and draft slides around that. Aside from font choices and
background colours, what do people expect from a template?

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338