[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.5 & NAT

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Wed Oct 22 13:13:34 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 08:02:01PM +0100, Phil Daws wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> Am really enjoying experimenting with oVirt but have come across a question; how does one enable NAT for a VM ?  Would like my guests to be able to update their software by bridging the host public IP.  I could not see anything in the WUI to allow this ?

Unfortunately, this is not yet available "out of the box". You need to
create the natted network in libvirt, and then connect your vNic to it
via a vdsm hook.

This mailing list has seen various suggestions on this subject (such as
[1]). While searching for them, I found a recent blog using the extent
hook for that[2] (ymmv).

[1] http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2012-April/001751.html
[2] http://blog.lofyer.org/blog/2014/05/04/add-nat-ovirt-vdsm-hooks/

Dan.