[ovirt-users] oVirt Weekly Meeting Minutes -- 2014-10-22

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Wed Oct 22 14:52:54 UTC 2014

Minutes:        http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2014/ovirt.2014-10-22-14.11.html
Minutes (text): http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2014/ovirt.2014-10-22-14.11.txt
Log:            http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2014/ovirt.2014-10-22-14.11.log.html

=========================
#ovirt: oVirt Weekly Sync
=========================

Meeting started by doron at 14:11:20 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2014/ovirt.2014-10-22-14.11.log.html .

Meeting summary
---------------
* Agenda and roll Call  (doron, 14:11:21)
  * infra update  (doron, 14:11:23)
  * 3.5 status  (doron, 14:11:24)
  * conferences and workshops  (doron, 14:11:26)
  * other topics  (doron, 14:11:27)

* infra update  (doron, 14:11:37)

* 3.5 status  (doron, 14:13:13)
  * 3.5.0 GA;ed last week.  (doron, 14:13:42)
  * full details on 3.5.1 current status:
    http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-October/028419.html
    (doron, 14:14:21)
  * current plan for 3.5.1 is: RC Build: 2014-11-25 GA on 2014-12-02
    (doron, 14:15:00)
  * 3.5.1 tracker is available here: http://bugzilla.redhat.com/1155170
    (doron, 14:15:39)
  * ACTION: amureini lvernia ecohen mskrivanek oved danken fabiand
    sandro please add blockers the 3.5.1 tracker.  (doron, 14:17:50)
  * node plans for 3.5.1: el6 node for 3.5.1 and better ovirt appliance.
    (doron, 14:24:26)
  * network updates for 3.5.1: no specific updates.  (doron, 14:25:09)
  * storage updates for 3.5.1: a couple of issues with sanlock on
    el7/f19/f20 which are needed and already handled.  (doron, 14:27:17)
  * ux updtaes for 3.5.1: nothing to report.  (doron, 14:28:08)
  * sla 3.5.1 updates: adding missing qos patches as previously
    mentioned by danken, and some additional stabilization issues.
    (doron, 14:29:13)
  * ACTION: mskrivanek please report virt 3.5.1 updates offline.
    (doron, 14:31:28)
  * updates from danken on 3.5.1: much needed fixes expected around
    memory consumption, bond options, and others.  (doron, 14:35:49)

* 3.6  (doron, 14:36:26)
  * Detials on 3.6.0 available here:
    http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-October/028423.html
    (doron, 14:37:18)

* conferences and workshops  (doron, 14:43:50)
  * The oVirt Workshop went off without a major hitch! Thanks to all
    involved, particularly bazulay, who organized a lion's share of the
    program agenda!  (doron, 14:45:22)
  * A blog on the workshop will be posted this afternoon (I hope), just
    was waiting on slides to which I could post and link.  (doron,
    14:45:38)
  * Coming up: gshereme is speaking at All Things Open here in Raleigh
    this afternoon, and I did the VM/container lightning talk last night
    at a pre-ATO event.  (doron, 14:45:50)
  * Next up, a virtualization talk at Open World Forum in Paris on Oct.
    31, followed by a number of folks attending OpenStack Summit in that
    city the following week.  (doron, 14:46:02)
  * and more: LISA'14 in Seattle from Nov. 9-13 will feature an oVirt
    demo lab, as well as booth presence.  (doron, 14:46:19)
  * : Finally, OSAS is working on event planning for 2015, which we hope
    to feature more subsidization for engineering/QE travel. I will let
    you know when we hammer out the details soon!  (doron, 14:46:49)
  * other topics  (doron, 14:47:12)

Meeting ended at 14:51:13 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* amureini lvernia ecohen mskrivanek oved danken fabiand sandro please
  add blockers the 3.5.1 tracker.
* mskrivanek please report virt 3.5.1 updates offline.

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* amureini
  * amureini lvernia ecohen mskrivanek oved danken fabiand sandro please
    add blockers the 3.5.1 tracker.
* danken
  * amureini lvernia ecohen mskrivanek oved danken fabiand sandro please
    add blockers the 3.5.1 tracker.
* fabiand
  * amureini lvernia ecohen mskrivanek oved danken fabiand sandro please
    add blockers the 3.5.1 tracker.
* lvernia
  * amureini lvernia ecohen mskrivanek oved danken fabiand sandro please
    add blockers the 3.5.1 tracker.
* mskrivanek
  * amureini lvernia ecohen mskrivanek oved danken fabiand sandro please
    add blockers the 3.5.1 tracker.
  * mskrivanek please report virt 3.5.1 updates offline.
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------