[ovirt-users] Hosted engine on CentOS 6.5

Robert Story rstory at tislabs.com
Thu Oct 23 00:51:53 UTC 2014

I'm trying a new oVirt3.5  hosted engine on a fresh CentOS 6.5 install. The
engine VM install goes fine, but when I get back to the host to continue
the install, I get this error:

[ INFO  ] Engine replied: DB Up!Welcome to Health Status!
[ ERROR ] Cannot automatically add the host to cluster None: HTTP Status 401
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Closing up': Cannot add the host to cluster None

This is the same error reported on a CentOS 7 install [1], but that was
apparently the result of some jpackage confusion, and I'm working with a
fresh install.

During the engine install I had specified the Application mode as oVirt only
(no gluster). So I tried again on another host (again, fresh install), and
this time specified Both for Application mode, but I got the same error.

I've attached the host and engine install logs from the second install...
Any suggestions appreciated..

Robert

--
Senior Software Engineer @ Parsons