[ovirt-users] Fwd: Are there some general strategyhow to Iscsi strorage domain?

Vered Volansky vered at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 09:13:36 UTC 2014

Backup of a whole storage domain is problematic with regards to the data consistency.
I would assume the important entities are specific VM disks and templates and you should try to backup the most important ones more frequently than others.
It would be more correct to take a live snapshot of a disk and then use dd or DRBD as you suggested, as frequently as you need. This also ensure the data consistency much better than a whole storage domain.

To better answer your question,
What is the general use of your domains? What is the general number of disks you have there?
What percentage are the most important ones? Do you really want all of them backed-up? How often do you need the backup to take place?

Regards,
Vered