[ovirt-users] q35 machine support?

Paul Jansen vlaero at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 23 09:13:50 UTC 2014

Cluster emulation modes
Contents 1 Cluster emulation mode 1.1 Summary 1.2 Owner 1.3 Current status 1.4 Detailed Description 1.4.1 New Config value 1.4.2 New Host field 1.4.3 New Cluster field 1.4.4 New NON_OPERATIONAL reason
View on www.ovirt.org Preview by Yahoo

On 23/10/1403:50 , Paul Jansen wrote:
>Is there a way to get QEMUs q35 machine in Ovirt?
>I've just upgraded my ovirt 3.4.4 install that has a couple of EL6.5 hosts.
>If I create a cluster with EL7 or F20 hosts will I get the option to use the q35 machine?
>If so, how can I select this?
>
>Thanks.

After doing some more searching I came across these two pages:
http://www.ovirt.org/Cluster_emulation_modes
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Cluster_parameters_override

It sounds like this may allow me to achieve what I've described above.
From what I can tell the 'emulated machine type' is tied to the ovirt cluster level - ie: 3.5.

Is it a case of waiting for ovirt 3.6 to be able to override this or is there some other way to achieve this now?