[ovirt-users] q35 machine support?

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 20:56:49 UTC 2014

On 10/23/2014 12:13 PM, Paul Jansen wrote:

> Cluster emulation modes <http://www.ovirt.org/Cluster_emulation_modes>
> Contents 1 Cluster emulation mode 1.1 Summary 1.2 Owner 1.3 Current
> status 1.4 Detailed Description 1.4.1 New Config value 1.4.2 New Host
> field 1.4.3 New Cluster field 1.4.4 New NON_OPERATIONAL reason
>
> View on www.ovirt.org <http://www.ovirt.org/Cluster_emulation_modes>
>
> Preview by Yahoo
>
> /On 23/10/14///  03:50/  , Paul Jansen wrote:/
> >Is there a way to get QEMUs q35 machine in Ovirt?
> >I've just upgraded my ovirt 3.4.4 install that has a couple of EL6.5 hosts.
> >If I create a cluster with EL7 or F20 hosts will I get the option to use the q35 machine?
> >If so, how can I select this?
> >
> >Thanks.
>
> After doing some more searching I came across these two pages:
> http://www.ovirt.org/Cluster_emulation_modes
> http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Cluster_parameters_override
>
> It sounds like this may allow me to achieve what I've described above.
> From what I can tell the 'emulated machine type' is tied to the ovirt
> cluster level - ie: 3.5.

you can switch q35 with pc-1.0 in ClusterEmulatedMachines config value
for version 3.5

   engine-config -s ClusterEmulatedMachines="q35,rhel6.5.0"

then create a new cluster and add that host to it. once the host is up
this emulation mode should be set.

in 3.6 you'd be able to choose an emulation mode per VM.