[ovirt-users] [RFI] oVirt 3.6 Planning

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Sat Oct 25 23:32:36 UTC 2014

On 09/17/2014 12:27 PM, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think this question did not get answered so far and I think this is a
> crucial point. While it's cool you can integrate ovirt with openstack
> I don't think it should be necessary when you want certain features.
>
> Because, like Daniel wrote: Why should I install ovirt if I need
> multiple openstack components anyway? I could just go on and deploy
> openstack and not use ovirt?
>
> But I also have the same opinion as Daniel: openstack ist "too big"
> to deploy for traditional vm workloads.
>
> So it would be much appreciated if this questions could get answered.

we are looking at integration in places we think they make sense and
benefit ovirt by opening more options for users. we do try to provide
the openstack services in a virtual appliance to make them easier to
consume.
glance - image repo with a default glance.ovirt.org
neutron - for opening the ecosystem of SDN network solutions
    integrating with it
future: cinder - for opening the ecosystem of storage providers
    integrating with it.

I don't think currently the other services in openstack are relevant to
ovirt.