[ovirt-users] Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Devroom at FOSDEM 15: Call for Participation

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Mon Oct 27 10:23:33 UTC 2014

FOSDEM '15 Infrastructure-as-a-Service devroom

-------------------------
Important Dates and Info!
-------------------------

Submission deadline: 1 December 2014
Acceptance notifications: 15 December 2014
Final schedule announcement: 9 January 2015
Devroom: 31 January 2015

-------------------------
Call for Participation
-------------------------

The open source IaaS devroom will host sessions around open source
Infrastructure-as-a-Service projects such as (but not limited to)
Apache CloudStack, OpenStack, oVirt, OpenNebula, and Ganeti.

This room will focus on collaboration between projects on common
problems and software, such as shared storage, virtualized networking,
interfacing with multiple hypervisors, and scaling across hundreds or
thousands of servers.

Organizers are seeking topics that are interesting to multiple projects,
and hope to encourage developers to share experience solving problems
with their own projects.

-------------------------
Call for Volunteers
-------------------------

We are also looking for volunteers to help run the devroom. We need
assistance watching time for the speakers, and helping with video
for the devroom. Please contact Joe Brockmeier (jzb at redhat.com) for
more information here.

-------------------------
Details: READ CAREFULLY
-------------------------

This year at FOSDEM there will be a one-day devroom to focus on IaaS
projects. If your project is related to IaaS, we would love to see
your submissions.

Please note that we expect more proposals than we can possibly accept,
so it is vitally important that you submit your proposal on or before
the deadline. Late submissions are unlikely to be considered.

All slots are 40 minutes, with 30 minutes planned for presentations, and
10 minutes for Q&A.

All presentations *will* be recorded and made available under Creative
Commons licenses. Please indicate when submitting your talk that your
presentation will be licensed under the CC-By-SA-4.0 or CC-By-4.0
license when submitting the talk and that you agree to have your
presentation recorded. For example:

   "If my presentation is accepted for FOSDEM, I hereby agree to license
    all recordings, slides, and other associated materials under the
    Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 4.0 International License.
    Sincerely, <NAME>."

Also, in the notes field, please confirm tnat if your talk is accepted
that you *will* be able to attend FOSDEM and deliver your presentation.
We will not consider proposals from prospective speakers unsure whether
they will be able to secure funds for travel and lodging to attend
FOSDEM. (Sadly, we are not able to offer travel funding for prospective
speakers.)

-------------------------
How to Submit
-------------------------

All submissions are made via the Pentabarf event planning site:

https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM15

If you have not used Pentabarf before, you will need to create an account.

After creating the account, select "Create Event" and then be sure to
select "Infrastructure as a service devroom" from the options under
"Track."

Questions

If you have any questions about this devroom, please send your questions
to:

iaas-virt-devroom at lists.fosdem.org

We will respond as quickly as possible. Thanks!