[ovirt-users] Deleting large snapshots blocks the whole cluster

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Mon Oct 27 12:07:04 UTC 2014

I thought of the bug described in RH bugzilla 1138690 "[SCALE] snapshot deletion ->
heavy swapping on SPM". In case you have no access to it (as it is RHEV tagged):

qemu-img reads through pagecache during snapshot deletion. A new flag has been
intrduced in August this year that allows to avoid page cache. This flag must be
provided by OVirt/RHEV. Target release is 3.6.

Until then the only bugfix is to drop pagecache manually on regular intervals on the
hypversior and especially the SPM node.

Markus