[ovirt-users] improving advanced foreman integration

Jorick Astrego j.astrego at netbulae.eu
Wed Oct 29 09:40:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

After talking with a couple of people including Barak at the KVM Forum,
I have been thinking about how we use oVirt & the Foreman and what could
be improved.

We have dug some further in the foreman and changed some of our
configuration and practices so thinks work better for us.

What we would like to have as improvement is to be able to assign the
same Organization and Location foreman/katello uses to an oVirt
Cluster/Datacenter.

This way we can seperate everything nicely and the cluster gets the
correct provisioned hosts, Host Groups, subnet, domain, realm,etc for
provisioning hosts and in the future VM's.

This will also help to prevent the picklists becoming too large to
easily use when using thousands of servers with dozens of customers.

Good idea?

Met vriendelijke groet, With kind regards,

Jorick Astrego

Netbulae Virtualization Experts

	Tel: 053 20 30 270 	info at netbulae.eu 	Staalsteden 4-3A 	KvK 08198180
 	Fax: 053 20 30 271 	www.netbulae.eu 	7547 TA Enschede 	BTW NL821234584B01