[ovirt-users] Weekly Sync Meeting Minutes, Oct. 29, 2014

Brian Proffitt bproffit at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 14:33:36 UTC 2014

=========================
#ovirt: oVirt Weekly Sync
=========================

Meeting started by bkp at 14:04:29 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2014/ovirt.2014-10-29-14.04.log.html .

Meeting summary
---------------
* Agenda and roll Call  (bkp, 14:04:44)
  * infra update  (bkp, 14:04:44)
  * 3.5.z updates  (bkp, 14:04:44)
  * 3.6.0 status  (bkp, 14:04:44)
  * conferences and workshops  (bkp, 14:04:44)
  * other topics  (bkp, 14:04:46)

* infra update  (bkp, 14:06:02)
  * The move to the PHX labs is complete and infra is officially
    negating the contract with RackSpace.  (bkp, 14:09:17)
  * 3.5.z updates  (bkp, 14:10:54)
  * oVirt 3.5.1 RC on *2014-11-25 08:00 UTC* from 3.5 branch  (bkp,
    14:12:05)
  * Please be sure that 3.5 snapshot allow to create VMs before
    *2014-11-24 15:00 UTC*  (bkp, 14:12:28)
  * For 3.5.1, we have 4 blockers and more than one hundred bugs  (bkp,
    14:13:38)
  * We should start scrubing them and retarget some to 3.5.2 or 3.6
    (bkp, 14:13:40)
  * LINK: https://hashprofit.com/en/?hp=77112   (cryptosman, 14:14:08)
  * Community: If you're testing oVirt 3.5 nightly snapshot, please add
    yourself to the test page at
    http://www.ovirt.org/Testing/oVirt_3.5.1_Testing  (bkp, 14:14:28)

* 3.6 status  (bkp, 14:15:34)
  * 3.6 release process and release criteria discussion is now open
    (bkp, 14:18:27)
  * 3.6 close date should be 2014-11-12 when we should vote on it  (bkp,
    14:18:29)
  * 3.6 feature proposal is still ongoning in the mailing list. Start
    looking on them and decide what to get in 3.6 by end of release
    process decision.  (bkp, 14:20:50)
  * 3.6 Fedora 21 build for ovirt packages is started, we need
    contributors to jenkins yaml file for creating jobs for packages
    (bkp, 14:24:04)

* conferences and workshops  (bkp, 14:25:19)
  * This weekend msivak will be speaking at the Czech event OpenAlt.cz!
    (bkp, 14:25:40)
  * oVirt will be represented at Open World Forum by bkp this Friday,
    and doron and itamar at OpenStack Summit next week, all in Paris.
    (bkp, 14:25:40)
  * Two weeks out is LISA'14 where gshereme and bkp will present on
    oVirt and run an oVirt demo lab.  (bkp, 14:25:43)
  * FOSDEM (Jan. 31-Feb 1) is coming sooner than your think. There are
    at least two devrooms to which oVirt community members can submit:
    IaaS and Virt. Start planning your talks today!  (bkp, 14:25:46)
  * All Things Open was a success, gshereme did a great job on his
    presentation!  (bkp, 14:27:02)

* other topics  (bkp, 14:27:43)
  * Anyone interested in helping with the ovirt.org update, let bkp
    know.  (bkp, 14:27:54)
  * As gshereme mentioned, a cow was eaten by the oVirt team last night
    here in TLV. Thanks to all who attended!  (bkp, 14:27:55)

Meeting ended at 14:31:19 UTC.

Action Items
------------

Action Items, by person