[ovirt-users] oVirt-3.4.Z and maybe 3.5.Z too and Fedora20

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 29 16:38:40 UTC 2014

FYI,

Just spend the better part of the day debugging a weird issue. Running
'yum update' on a CentOS-6.5 VM causes a kernel OOPS on the host :-(
The oops is in the nfs module (_put_nfs_open_context) and it looks like
there is work being done on it. Kernel(s) tried are all 3.16.x.
Switching back to the latest F19 kernel (is an updated system) and then
there is no crash anymore.

Tried all kinds of variations with different NFS servers, different
hosts, different kernels but I get the OOPS always during the yum update
sooner or later.
(updated ofcourse a lot of things before I hit this :-( )

Regards,

Joop