[ovirt-users] Ovirt VM Performance abd CPU times

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 10:07:52 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 10:46 AM, Xavier Naveira <xnaveira at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't tested the performance differences with or without HT. We were
> running pure kvm-libvirt hosts on these machines and we're migrating them
> to oVirt and that's what triggered the problem with the Redhat 5 vms.

So a point is that the hw is the same and that the problem is only related
to RH EL 5.x VMs.
Also no change in BIOS settings.
Did you reinstall from scratch?

What about the sw?
previously used version of Qemu/KVM and libvirt?
current version of Qemu/KVM and libvirt with oVirt?

Also, did you compare the qemu-kvm generated command line between plain
Qemu/KVM and the one instantiated by oVirt?