[ovirt-users] [QE][ACTION REQUIRED] oVirt 3.5.0 RC2 status
sbonazzo at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 04:08:04 EDT 2014
We were suppposed to start composing oVirt 3.5.0 RC2 today from 3.5 branch,
however we still have blockers open so we should postpone the build.
We'll discuss the delay and blockers status during today oVirt sync meeting.
- Please be sure that 3.5 snapshot satisfy release criteria
- Please be sure that no pending patches are going to block the release
- If any patch must block the RC release please raise the issue as soon as possible.
The bug tracker  shows the following proposed blockers to be reviewed:
Bug ID Whiteboard Status Summary
1130045 infra NEW Very high memory consumption
1134233 infra POST /api/jobs - HTTP Status 500
1131030 infra NEW [REST API] using from filter in an event search doesn't work
1127294 storage POST Live Merge: Resolve unknown merge status in vdsm after host crash
1109920 storage POST Live Merge: Extend internal block volumes during merge
And the following dependencies still open:
Bug 1041569 - [NFR] libvirt: Returning the watermark for all the images opened for writing
Bug 1102881 - virDomainBlockCommit fails with live snapshots on oVirt block storage
Feature freeze is now effective, and branch has been created.
All new patches must be backported to 3.5 branch too.
Features completed are marked in green on Features Status Table 
There are still 267 bugs  targeted to 3.5.0.
Excluding node and documentation bugs we still have 225 bugs  targeted to 3.5.0.
More in detail :
Whiteboard NEW ASSIGNED POST Total
<unassigned> 7 . 1 8
gluster 9 4 1 14
i18n . . 1 1
infra 15 3 6 24
integration 10 2 2 14
network 8 1 15 24
node 21 5 8 34
ppc 2 . 4 6
sla 34 1 16 51
storage 37 2 7 46
ux 17 2 3 22
virt 11 2 10 23
Total 171 22 74 267
Maintainers / Assignee:
- Please ensure that completed features are marked in green on Features Status Table 
- If you find a blocker bug please remember to add it to the tracker 
- Please fill release notes, the page has been created here 
- Please review and add test cases to oVirt 3.5 Third Test Day 
- Please update the target to 3.5.1 or later for bugs that won't be in 3.5.0:
it will ease gathering the blocking bugs for next releases.
- Due to the RC2 delay, the 3rd test day will be postponed, new date will be decided in today oVirt sync meeting
- You're welcome to join us testing next release candidate and getting involved in oVirt Quality Assurance
Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
See how it works at redhat.com
More information about the Users