[ovirt-users] [oVirt 3.5] Problem with connection in noVNC to VM (Connect timeout)

Frantisek Kobzik fkobzik at redhat.com
Tue Sep 2 10:41:42 UTC 2014

Hi Grzegorz,

- did you configure ovirt-websocket-proxy using engine-setup tool (i.e. is the proxy deployed on same machine as engine is?)? Or do you have some customized setup?
- is the proxy running and is the host:port of the proxy accessible?
- did you import Certificate Authority (not only engine certificate) into your browser?
- also one _very_ important thing and common mistake: does the Common Name (CN) in websocket proxy certificate match to the websocket proxy actual location? (this is quite common error - people have certificate issued for 'my-engine.com' but they are accessing engine/websocket-proxy via ip address which results in certificate mismatch...).

Cheers,
Franta.

PS:
There is quite straightforward guide about noVNC on ovirt wiki [1], I suggest taking a look at it.

[1]: http://www.ovirt.org/Features/noVNC_console