[ovirt-users] Can I use qcow2?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 13:09:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Sven Kieske <s.kieske at mittwald.de> wrote:

> Am 03.09.2014 12:50, schrieb Itamar Heim:
> > Allon/Federico - I remember on NFS, qcow2 isn't used by default, since
> > raw is sparse by default.
> > (but i don't remember if it "won't work", or just not enabled by
> default).
> >
> > can one create a qcow2 disk for a VM with gluster storage?
>
> Sorry for hijacking this thread, but is there anywhere some
> documentation what the default vm disk format on a given storage backend
> is and what storage format could be optionally selected and which
> storage format is not supported on that
> backend?

As far as I know from official RHEV docs, the better reference page is this
(for RHEV 3.4):

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.4/html/Administration_Guide/Understanding_virtual_disks.html

But I don't see in that table a clear statement for GlusterFS... is it like
NFS?

Also, in my opinion, it would be nice to add, in the first column field,
the word "(default)" for the corresponding line if feasible.

Gianluca