[ovirt-users] Passing custom script to cloud init using api

Sven Kieske s.kieske at mittwald.de
Fri Sep 5 08:46:08 UTC 2014

Am 05.09.2014 10:27, schrieb Juan Hernandez:
> Trying to make an example for this I discovered that the "custom_script"
> element is currently ignored if the "cloud_init" element is present.
> Instead we are taking the content of the first "file" element from the
> "cloud_init" element and appending it to the cloud-init configuration
> file. I believe that this is a bug, as it breaks backwards compatibility:
>
>   https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1138564

Thanks for the report, I just proposed this as a blocker for the 3.4.4
release as it is a clear regression.
Also I rely on this functionality in my 3.3. setup and I want to upgrade
to 3.4 so I can't upgrade until this is fixed and released.

> However, you can exploit this bug to do what you want. This is an example:

Well I guess this is a pretty bad idea, because it will just work
until the bug is fixed?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen