[ovirt-users] Issues with Storage domain

Carlos A. Diaz carlos_d99 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 18:36:42 UTC 2014

Hello everyone, its my first time here; so I hope I am on the right place

I had a problem where one of our  SysAdmins cloned our NFS production export in order to create a new NFS export, but he didn't changed the FSID, so we ended up with 2 nfs exports using the same ID. I was able to roll back and recover the data, once I had corrected everything I went to the hosts and unpaused the VMs from the CLI (I lost the engine in the process), so now we are back up and running.

My problem right now is that oVirt says that our main storage domain is "Down" and I can't bring it up, so essentially I cannot start any VMs on that domain, which hosts 90% of our production environment; which is also scary because I am not sure how to recover from this error without affecting my production environment.

My guess is that at some point the MD5 hash changed, or something in the metadata for that Domain, but I don't know if this is the problem and if recreating the signature is possible without breaking my existing configuration.

Is there anyway to mark it as UP from the database or at any other level without breaking (more) the config?

Thanks in advance!