[ovirt-users] qemu-kvm-rhev on EL machines for oVirt 3.4.z ?

Allon Mureinik amureini at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 09:59:18 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

If we decide to move forward with this patch, we'll definitely provide qemu-kvm-rhev in the repo - the concern was indeed for users who don't have this enabled.
Unlike 3.5, the 3.4.z repo doesn't seem to provide any "3rd parties" that can't be built from oVirt's sources - so, theoretically, it can be installed without the repo enabled - and the discussion here is whether this is an interesting usecase or not.

My personal tendency is to go forward (with a release note, as suggested), but as noted, there is some disagreement (e.g., Dan's comment), so we're looking for additional opinions.