[ovirt-users] qemu-kvm-rhev on EL machines for oVirt 3.4.z ?

Sven Kieske s.kieske at mittwald.de
Wed Sep 10 11:11:02 UTC 2014

On 10/09/14 11:59, Allon Mureinik wrote:
> If we decide to move forward with this patch, we'll definitely provide qemu-kvm-rhev in the repo - the concern was indeed for users who don't have this enabled.

So we are talking about users who don't use the official recommended
way to install ovirt (using the repo ) but instead download everything
and install by hand?

Are there any such people?
Maybe they even do not use yum but rpm directly, or want to compile
from source?

On 10/09/14 11:59, Allon Mureinik wrote:
> Unlike 3.5, the 3.4.z repo doesn't seem to provide any "3rd parties"
that can't be built from oVirt's sources

This is not true, here is an excerpt from
ovirt-el-deps.repo from ovirt-release-11.2.0-1.noarch.rpm
from http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.4/rpm/el6/noarch/

[ovirt-epel]
name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - $basearch
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/$basearch
mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=epel-6&arch=$basearch
failovermethod=priority
enabled=1
includepkgs=epel-release,python-uinput,puppet,python-lockfile,python-cpopen,python-ordereddict,python-pthreading,python-inotify,python-argparse,novnc,python-ply,python-kitchen,python-daemon,python-websockify,livecd-tools,spice-html5,mom
gpgcheck=1

[ovirt-jpackage-6.0-generic]
name=JPackage 6.0, for generic
mirrorlist=http://www.jpackage.org/mirrorlist.php?dist=generic&type=free&release=6.0
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
includepkgs=dom4j

[ovirt-glusterfs-epel]
name=GlusterFS is a clustered file-system capable of scaling to several
petabytes.
baseurl=http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/EPEL.repo/epel-$releasever/$basearch/
enabled=1
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=0

[ovirt-glusterfs-noarch-epel]
name=GlusterFS is a clustered file-system capable of scaling to several
petabytes.
baseurl=http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/EPEL.repo/epel-$releasever/noarch
enabled=1
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=0

So you already ship repo files for all necessary third party repos
like gluster and epel in 3.4.

HTH

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen