[ovirt-users] Fwd: RE: FC QLogic question

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Thu Sep 11 12:18:25 UTC 2014

On 11.09.2014 14:09, Fabian Deutsch wrote:
> Hey Bill and Daniel,
>
> it would indeed be interesting - mandatory - to know if it's qla* or qxl (qxl is IMHO related to graphics).
> Once we know that I'll see if the bug below fixes it.
Hello Fabian,
indeed this was my mistake; while typing the mail I was reading on the
spice website - so qla is the correct module of course! I already
replied this to Bill but forgot to cc the list also ...

Also, for the node iso it would make little sense to have the qlx module
loaded. For completeness, I attach my answer to Bill.

On 11.09.2014 13:05, Bill Dossett wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I did a lsmod | grep qxl  and it returned nothing...  did you perhaps mean qla?
>
> [root at ovirt141 ~]# lsmod | grep qla
> qla2xxx               466573  56
>
> I think that is the one

Indeed, sorry for that.

> lsscsi does list all of the LUNs...  so that's working!

Great!

> But nothing in ovirt engine when I try to add a storage domain.

Please check back in ovirt engine, with Hosts / Hardware info. You
should see the adapter there, along with  WWN's ect.

I am not quite sure, but AFAIK the node uses dm-multipath by default
(for iscsi multipathing). So what does:
# multipath -ll
list?

Thanks again, I guess I will try and get a bit further with the installs I have...

Bill

>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> I did a lsmod | grep qxl  and it returned nothing...  did you perhaps mean
>> qla?
>>
>> [root at ovirt141 ~]# lsmod | grep qla
>> qla2xxx               466573  56
>>
>> I think that is the one
>>
>> lsscsi does list all of the LUNs...  so that's working!
>>
>> But nothing in ovirt engine when I try to add a storage domain.
>>
>> Thanks again, I guess I will try and get a bit further with the installs I
>> have...
>>
>> Bill

>>> Mobile(+44) (0)7775 908612