[ovirt-users] [RFI] oVirt 3.6 Planning

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Sat Sep 13 15:34:06 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

I think this is true for ISO and export domains for some time.

It will not work for data domains - if you have vms with disks on what you
call "secondary" data domain, how would you migrate these vms to a host that
cannot see the "secondary" domain?

In 3.6, there will be no "master" domain, so any data domain will be important
as any other data domain.

Maybe what do you like is to have more control on which domains are critical,
and which are not. A domain which you mark as "non-critical", or "secondary",
will not cause the host to become non-operational when the host cannot see
this domain.

So you would not be able to migrate some vms to a host that cannot see the
secondary domain, but since *you* marked it as "secondary", it is not a problem
for you.

What do you think?

Nir