[ovirt-users] [RFI] oVirt 3.6 Planning

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Sat Sep 13 18:38:50 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

The idea is to let you define which storage domains are "required" and
which are not, lets call them "optional".

If a required storage domain cannot be seen, a host be become
non-operational.

If an optional storage domain cannot be seen, you will get a warning
but the host will function normally.

If you try to migrate a vm to a host which cannot see the storage
domain used by that vm, the operation will fail.

When a "required" storage domain is down, you would be able to
change it to "optional", and continue to work with the other
domains in degraded mode. Some vms will not able to run, but
other vms that do not depend on problem domain will not be
affected.

I hope that I understood your question correctly.

Nir