[ovirt-users] [RFI] oVirt 3.6 Planning

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Sun Sep 14 12:17:39 UTC 2014

On 09/12/2014 03:22 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> With oVirt 3.5 nearing GA, time to ask for "what do you want to see in
> oVirt 3.6"?

Even the short list of items mentions so far are big features we would
need to do justice with.
this means probably a slightly longer cycle than the 6 months we
currently do.
with many of the features requiring way newer versions of some of the
components, I think we should plan for "3.6 cluster" to require an .el7
host (expecting even 7.1 to be out before we release oVirt 3.6).

so i want us to plan for:
- oVirt 3.6 supports .el6 and .el7 hosts in 3.5 cluster (and for fedora
   - fc20?)
- oVirt 3.6 supports .el7 in 3.6 cluster (and for fedora - fc21?)

Thanks,
    Itamar