[ovirt-users] Virtual Machines reporting as paused

Thomas Scofield tscofield at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 14:08:10 UTC 2014

I don't see any events on the individual VM's that show them going into a
paused state. In the past I have seen the VM's paused due to storage
issues, but the difference here is that they only indicate they are paused.

I did find one event log entry from around the time we did the vdsm
restarts that indicated one host has an issue with accessing a storage
domain
Host vm7 cannot access one of the Storage Domains attached to the Data
Center OVIRT-PODB. Setting Host state to Non-Operational.

Unfortunately all the logs have been rotated off at this point so I can't
provide any details of the event.  I have not seen any newly started VM's
transition into this state so recent logs won't provide insight either.
 For now my plan is to stop and start the VM's to get them back into a
proper state.