[ovirt-users] OVIRT-3.5-TEST-DAY-3 - Monitoring Dashboard

Ravi Nori rnori at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 19:52:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

I tested Monitoring (UI Plugin) Dashboard (integrated with Nagios Monitoring) and ran into several issues.
The nagios server installed smoothly and showed all the bricks and their trends. I had several issues with
the plugin and have opened BZs.

1. BZ 1143018  Plugins are not refreshed on Webadmin reload
    PluginDataManager seems to be ignoring symbolic links to files and directories in
    /usr/share/ovirt-engine/ui-plugins

    Had to manually copy the files and directories to the ui-plugins directory to get
    the plugin to show.

2. BZ 1143041Plugin prompts for authentication

    Once the plugin showed up navigating to the trends tab required me to authenticate again

3. BZ 1143044Nagios plugin does not show trends

    Once authenticated the trends tab does not show the images. Some issue with file not found on the server
    for a new Cluster C_34 I had created.

Thanks

Ravi