[ovirt-users] [OVIRT-3.5-TEST-DAY-3] backup/restore/dr + Node

Ryan Barry rbarry at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 21:29:51 UTC 2014

I installed a fresh engine on CentOS 6.5, and 3.5 nodes on two nested VMs.

A significant portion of the day was spent testing basic Node
functionality to ensure we didn't have any more SELinux denials, install
problems on EFI, or other issues, after which I moved onto engine.

DR was simply tested by pulling the network cable in the middle of an
operation, disconnecting both nodes and waiting for storage arbitration
to succeed, and uncleanly terminating the VM running engine then restarting.

Backup and restore was tested with ovirt-engine-backup (which I haven't
used before, and is quite nice).