[ovirt-users] [RFI] oVirt 3.6 Planning

Robert Story rstory at tislabs.com
Thu Sep 18 15:35:18 UTC 2014

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 15:22:41 +0300 Itamar wrote:
IH> With oVirt 3.5 nearing GA, time to ask for "what do you want to see in
IH> oVirt 3.6"?

I've always thought it would be a good idea to have a 'storage agent' to
run on storage domains, which could perform some operations more optimally
that the current system. For example, exporting/importing domains currently
reads the whole VM image over the network, then writes it back. In my case,
my storage is all located on the smae NFS server, which could simply do an
OS copy locally, instead of reading/writing gigabytes over the network. I
don't know if other storage type could perform similar optimizations

Robert

--
Senior Software Engineer @ Parsons