[ovirt-users] [ovirt-devel] [QE][ACTION REQUIRED] oVirt 3.5.0 status

Jorick Astrego j.astrego at netbulae.eu
Fri Sep 19 10:00:40 UTC 2014

On 09/19/2014 11:37 AM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 09:54:00AM +0200, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
>> Hi,
>> We are going to start composing oVirt 3.5.0 GA (or RC3, depending on Monday morning Go / No go Meeting decisions) on Monday 2014-09-22.
>>
>> Maintainers:
>> - Please be sure that 3.5 snapshot satisfy release criteria[9]
>> - Please be sure that no pending patches are going to block the release
>> - If any patch must block the GA release please raise the issue as soon as possible.
>> - If any packages need a rebase please raise the issue as soon as possible.
>> - Be aware that packages that doesn't need a rebase must be re-built with final release versioning from the RC2 tag.
>>
>> The bug tracker [1] shows the following proposed blockers to be reviewed:
>>
>> Bug ID	Whiteboard	Status	Summary
>> 1144079	integration	POST	local engine-reports-setup does not write conf file to allow accessing reports from engine
>> 1138340	sla		POST	vdsm relies on unsupported 'min_guarantee' VM configuration parameter
> I've just merged the last patch by Martin Sivak to fix this issue. It
> should be solved on vdsm GA's build.
>
>> 1143873	network		NEW	firewall-cmd gets stuck when run as superVDSM subsubprocess
> I've removed the above from the blocker. This issue has been
> release-noted in
> http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.5_Release_Notes#Fedora_and_EL7_hosts and
> should be solved on selinux.

Hi,

I'm reading the Networking part for EL7 host and see puppet doesn't
support masking/unmasking services yet:

https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-1253

As we're using The Foreman to deploy the hosts this would be nice.

I have lots of ways to execute the "systemctl mask" command off course,
but can people please help by voting for it?
It's not on their radar as something important it appears.

Kind regards,

Jorick Astrego
Netbulae B.V.