[ovirt-users] [oVirt 3.4.3] Problem with connect VMs via RDP+Browser plug-in

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 15:21:18 UTC 2014

- why not use SPICE?

- do you have a guest agent installed on your VM?
installing a guest agent on your VM will cause the VM to report its IP address
back to ovirt, and ovirt will be able to connect to the VM via the VM's IP
address, rather than try to connect to the VM via its "name.domain", which may
not be DNS-resolvable on the client.
if the VM's "name.domain" *should* be DNS-resolvable on the client, you need to
check the client's configuration and make sure that it indeed can DNS-resolve
machine-names properly.