[ovirt-users] question on VM

Bill Dossett bill.dossett at pb.com
Tue Sep 23 08:07:24 UTC 2014

In the absence of any comment and continued testing I have found that I can ping the host network IP that the VM is running on... and the host can ping the VM.  So it would appear that nothing is wrong with the VM... I could only ping the host from the VM once I stopped iptables, so the firewall was stopping that.  But I still can't ping outside of the host or ping the VM from elsewhere... and the VM continues to get an IP address from the DHCP server without issue.  I have gone back to my networks and checked them thoroughly and can't see any issues, I have migrated the VM from one host to another and the condition persists in that it can ping the host that it is running on and the host can ping it (providing  I turn off the firewall)  numerous reboots etc and no change.  :(

Bill Dossett
Virtualisation Architect

Pitney Bowes - Tech Central
6 Hercules Way, 600 Leavesden Park
Watford, WD25 7GS

Phone (+44) (0)1923 279353 | VOIP: 54739353
Mobile (+44) (0)7775 908612

bill.dossett at pb.com<mailto:bill.dossett at pb.com>
www.pb.com<http://www.pb.com/>

In Engineering? Raise a ticket via Remedy Anywhere [HERE<http://teamsite.inside.pb.com/sites/TCPPM/GES/Lists/Create%20Incident/newIncident.aspx>] takes less than a minute