[ovirt-users] [ovirt-devel] Building vdsm within Fedora

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Wed Sep 24 06:20:42 UTC 2014

in EPEL. But if you're going to add it to EPEL please ensure it doesn't violate https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies

> This is the root cause, lets fix it.
>
> 4. Until 3 is fixed, require qemu-kvm-rhev where it exists,
>    otherwise on qemu-kvm.

Which is basically 1 only for the fedora packaging, keeping the dep on ovirt packaging.

>> I favor option 2. The Fedora deployment platform served us well for a
>> long time, but now that ovirt is maturing, we no longer need it for
>> building vdsm. This has the added benefit of removing the need to pass
>> through Fedora's ghastly gateway when adding a Vdsm dependency.
>
> This is the wrong direction. We want ovirt in all distributions. You suggest
> to have it in no distribution :-)

I tend to agree with Nir.

>> Sandro, what should be done in order to build Vdsm by ovirt, occording
>> to the most up-to-date tag in a stable branch?

currently we're using mock for building packages whenever we can use it.
for vdsm I created a yaml job here: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/32512
once it's merged you can build from git tag.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com