[ovirt-users] the better way to update vdsm

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Wed Sep 24 11:30:03 UTC 2014

Hello Nathanaël,

I think the supposed way to upgrade would be:

* (hosted-engine only) put cluster in global maintenance if running
hosted-enfgine
* upgrade Engine using engine-setup (this *should* detect product updates)
* (hosted-engine only) disable global maintenance
* Put host in maintenance mode (witch will migrate VMs automatically)
* Click 'reinstall host' in Engine (this step will will invoke yum update?)
* Activate host

continue with the other hosts

If there are kernel updates, I usually update them as well in the
process (involving manual yum).

Can anyone clarify if 'reinstall host' invokes yum? Thanks!

--
Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767