[ovirt-users] [ANN] oVirt 3.4.4 Release is now available

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Wed Sep 24 14:37:21 UTC 2014

Cool!

However, the instructions for upgrading a Hosted Engine setup look
suspiciously out of date and divergent from the instructions for
upgrading standalone engine (e.g. you never run engine-setup??).

Is this page accurate:
http://www.ovirt.org/Hosted_Engine_Howto#Upgrade_Hosted_Engine

I just fixed a bunch of egregious typos on the page myself - all of the
hosted-engine invocation lines were incorrect (e.g. "hosted-engine
--set-maintenance=global" instead of the now-corrected syntax:
"hosted-engine --set-maintenance --mode=global"). This makes me somewhat
cautious about the rest of the page content I'm afraid.

Is it accurate to say that when upgrading a Hosted Engine setup you
basically just upgrade the packages (while carefully orchestrating which
services are up at the time), and never run engine-setup?

If that page *is* accurate, why is engine-setup required for upgrading a
standalone engine?

Thanks,
     Bob